STUDENT TOWN PLANNER
Are you a junior or student town planner? Have you got a passion for cities and architecture?
Plans in Motion are looking to appoint an assistant/student town planner part-time (1-2 full days a week) with opportunities for advancement. The role is ideal for a student town planner with a focus on developing a career with an urban planning consultancy in a supportive environment. Your role will be in background support, assisting with report writing, background research, preparing for VCAT appeals and other work as required.
The focus of the role will be very much on the advancement and development of your technical planning skills to the point where you are capable of running your own applications from initial client queries onward.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of high quality verbal and written planning advice to clients.
- Provision of high quality graphic information.
- Providing support to other team members in servicing client requirements as directed.
- File management of smaller projects and maintenance of good client relationships.
- Work in a focused, collaborative and diligent manner with other team members and sub-consultants as required.
- Preparation of weekly time sheets and input to monthly accounts.
- Preparation of well researched high quality social media and news publications.
- Effective workload planning.
- Other duties as directed.
The core competencies of the position are:
- Clear understanding of town planning principles and methods and the ability to apply them.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups.
- Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Quality orientation.
- Working effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Effectively manages one’s time and resources.
Qualifications and Skills
Tertiary qualifications (or part) in a planning or planning related course.
Candidates should ideally be in their 3rd or 4th year studying town planning or related degree.
The ideal candidate will be:
- In their 3rd of 4th year of a PIA accredited planning or planning related degree.
- Have exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- The ability to manage your time to achieve critical deadlines.
- Have a positive attitude and show a willingness to work within an unorthodox framework.
- Be passionate about planning.
Please email your CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested!
Applications close 29 July 2018.