We’re looking to appoint a town planner part-time/full-time (negotiable) with opportunities for career advancement. The role is ideal for an entry-level or experienced planner looking to progress their career with a boutique urban planning consultancy that prides itself on providing high quality projects in a supportive working environment.
PIM are an established urban planning firm working throughout Australia. We are urban planners specialising in land use, placemaking, advocacy, and property development.
Our Surrey Hills studio is
looking for a motivated and passionate professional interested in working on
diverse and challenging projects in a supportive and team focused environment.
In this role you will be reporting
to the Managing Director. PIM offers exposure to a broad range of projects and
multiple disciplines and allied consultants with opportunities for advancement
and professional growth.
- Working from our unique heritage studio;
- Exposure to a variety of local and national projects;
- Friendly, convivial and supportive team environment;
- Flexibility to work from home, in the office or part time arrangement;
- Opportunities for professional development and attendance at courses/conferences and functions;
- Mentoring, working alongside experienced industry leaders;
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and interpret relevant Planning Legislation, Acts policies and provisions.
- Provision of high quality verbal and written planning advice to clients.
- Provision of high quality graphic information.
- Providing support to other team members in servicing client requirements as directed.
- Maintenance of good client relationships.
- Work in a focused, collaborative and diligent manner with other team members and sub-consultants as required.
- Effective workload planning.
- Other duties as directed.
The core competencies of the position are:
- Minimum of 2-4 years Victorian urban planning experience preferred.
- A willingness to learn and go the extra mile.
- Clear understanding of town planning principles and methods and the ability to apply them.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Strong problem solving and skills.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups.
- Applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- High level of design thinking with ability to use adobe suite and AutoCAD highly regarded.
- Ability to work across multiple projects and manage competing timelines.
- Working effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Effectively manages one’s time and resources.
- Work in a focused and autonomous way.
Qualifications and Skills
Tertiary qualifications in a town planning or planning related course. Exceptional candidates in their final year studying town planning will be considered.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Have the ability to manage their time to achieve critical deadlines.
- Have a positive attitude and show a willingness to work within an unorthodox framework.
- Be passionate about planning.
- Be a collaborative, positive team player.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!